The legendary Kyosho Scorpion is credited with taking the racing buggy category into the realm of pure motorsports. Even after 30 years since it was first released in 1982, the indelible mark of the Scorpion still exists with its many fans around the world. Kyosho is proud to renew this machine to all its former glory! While maintaining the wild and free spirit of the original baja buggy style and chassis layout, the 2014 version features the latest in performance technology and sacrifices nothing in speed and endurance on modern buggy racing tracks. Externally it may look like the original Scorpion with its semi-trailing suspension arms, but the advanced 6061T6 forged aluminum material delivers futuristic levels of strength, rigidity and durability. Following the original design, the Scorpion 2014 features a new two-piece die-cast aluminum gearbox with differential gears. In addition, the included slipper clutch protects the transmission as well as delivers efficient traction that takes the Scorpion’s control feel and durability to a new higher level. Precision 48 pitch gears reduce traction pulsation for direct driving control characteristics while the flat under surface of the countersunk chassis has no protruding screw heads for minimal contact resistance and scraping, resulting in higher durability. Stainless shafts combine with aluminum cylinders in the oil shocks for smooth stroke from top to bottom and running performance worthy of a true racing buggy. Like the original Scorpion, the 2014 version is packaged as an unassembled kit, but nearly all tapping screws and nuts have been replaced with the improved lightweight and security a hex screws. From expert racers who knew the magic of the original Scorpion to modern-day racers, discover for yourself why the Scorpion 2014 commands such respect!
- The Kyosho Scorpion is back with its stylish aerodynamic design.
- Front and rear suspension arms are made from 6061T6 forged aluminum. There is no higher level of precision, rigidity, durability and lightness. Wide front tread delivers increase driving stability.
- Includes two-piece diecast aluminum gearbox with built-in diff gears. Slipper clutch included can be set according to various surface type conditions.
- Sintered alloy and nylon combine in 48 pitch gears to deliver superior efficiency. Includes two gears for high-speed and low-speed settings. Ball differential is also available as an optional upgrade.
- Main frame, front & rear shock stays and sub frame plate are made from 6061T6 aluminum. Underside of chassis is countersunk for a flat finish.
- Aluminum cylinders and stainless shafts of the oil shocks produce effective damping and are finished in the original Scorpion’s signature color caps.
- Original style combines with a new pattern on the included high grip tires. Rear tires are equipped with inner sponges. Realistic molded wheels feature a satin chrome finish.
- Radio box also takes care of cable management and is suitable for the shapes and sizes of most current batteries.
- Separate head section on the driver figure and sharp nylon wing deliver realistic scale form.
- Revival of the famous Kyosho Scorpion. High performance upgrades are featured throughout the 2014 version.
- Kit with pre-assembled gearbox and oil shocks (to be installed).
- Countersunk surface allows screws to be seated flat.
- Lightweight design reduces use of nuts and tapping screws.
- Ball diff from Ultima RB can be installed as an optional upgrade.
- Pre-assembled kit (gearbox and oil shocks are pre-assembled)
- Clear polycarbonate body
- L-shape hex wrench
- Cross wrench
- Shock wrench
- Shock oil
- Threadlock glue
Required for operation:
- 2-ch, 1-servo R/C system for cars
- 540-class motor (30-27 turns recommended)
- ESC compatible with motor
- Battery pack for chassis
- Battery charger
- Paint for painting the polycarbonate body
- Batteries for R/C transmitter
- Tools (1.5, 2.0, 3.0mm hex wrench)
Chassis Technical Data:
- Length 398mm
- Width 236mm
- Height 145mm
- Wheelbase 263mm
- Tread (F/R) 198mm /195mm
- Tire(F/R) 75×20mm / 85×41mm
- Gear Ratio H setting 6.9:1、L setting 8.3:1 (2 combinations included)
- Weight 985g approx.(w/out R/C system & battery)
- Motor 540-class