Product ID: KP11077
With repeated victories in the biplane-class, Phantom has dominated all rivals at the famed Reno Air Races. As a biplane, the aggressive form of Phantom has been especially designed for peak air racing performance.
The focus on speed and turning control has resulted in a scaled down model that delivers the full-size flying experience. From the start of the 2007 Reno Air Races, the original flying team proudly wears the Kyosho logo as a sign of Kyosho's sponsorship and the close collaboration in model design.
Naturally these graphics are included on the 70-class model as well. The FRP fuselage combines with balsa main and tail wings to realize an optimal lightweight structure. While the wing has a slightly larger leading edge radius than the original plane, it also produces low speed stability and stall characteristics that you wouldn't expect from a racer. Almost completely pre-built, there aren?t many steps needed for the finishing touches so intermediate to advanced fliers will find themselves airborne in a relatively short period of time.
While still regarded as a middle size, there is plenty of power and performance to experience the true excitement of air racing battles.
- Detailed curves and lines accurately recreate the form and performance characteristics of the original for a real racing experience.
- Wide flanks and lower inverted gull-wing give the model the same characteristic form as the original. Spacious fuselage also has plenty of room for easy linkage setup.
- The short wing span and inverted gull-wing produce dynamic performance for air racing.
- While maintaining the sharp main wing design, subtle modifications for optimal flying model performance produce excellent low speed and turning stability.
- The inverted gull-wing is made from lightweight balsa and is complimented by the one-piece FRP wheel pants. The complicated form has been successfully recreated in this lightweight structure.
- Optimal tail wheel height is set to produce an optimal angle of attack to realize smooth take-offs. Also provides shock absorbing function for safer touch downs.
- FRP cowl can be separated from the fuselage structure for easy maintenance. Also features the graphics of the 2007 original.
- Proudly wears the Kyosho sponsored decal from the 2007 Reno Air Races. These sponsor graphics are also included.
- 70-class 4-cycle engine produces true air racing speed. Engine mounting style design produces effective heat dissipation.
- Main components are pre-assembled.
- Balsa main and tail wings are pre-covered in film.
- Unique 12% symmetrical wing type produces both high speeds and stability from large angles of attack.
- Engine mount
- Fuel Tank
- Main Gear
- Rudder connected tail gear
- Linkage Parts
- 4-channel, 5-servo (2 mini servos for ailerons) R/C system
- 4C52-70, 2C46-50 Engine
- D11 x P6 - D13 x P6 Propeller
- 62mm Spinner
- Fuel, engine starting tools
- Batteries specified for R/C system